- UC Davis News Item Bodega Marine Laboratory Students Receive NOAA’s Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship
According to NOAA, Fish’s work on deep sea corals, the record keepers of climate change, will help inform the management of the sanctuary’s deep water habitat.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine Ford Foundation Fellowships Scholar Award List, 2018
The following 123 outstanding scholars have been awarded fellowships in the 2018 Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs competition administered by the Fellowships Office of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. The programs seek to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, to maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and to increase the number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
- Current Research Primer: Deep Sea Corals Teaching high school?
Have students discover ocean stories through NOAA's high school lesson plan on deep sea coral communities
- Current Research Primer: Coral Skeleton Stories Teaching high school or middle school?
Have students discover the history of the ocean through the skeletons of corals with NOAA's lesson plan on coral cores.
- Harvard SEAS Outreach Carina Fish explains her research on soft robotics in the lab of Professor George Whitesides, summer 2010
- The California Aggie, Science News UC Davis Grad Slam competition features graduate research
Carina Fish, a first-year geology Ph.D. student, took third-place at the event and a $250 prize for her presentation of “Surface-Deep Connections: Ocean Acidification.” Fish recalls the competition as an exciting experience that introduced her to new people and research outside of her department.
- UC Davis Graduate Research Watch Carina Fish compete for the top spot in the final round of the 2017 UC Davis Grad Slam competition
- UC Davis Graduate Research Watch Carina Fish win third place in the final round of the 2017 UC Davis Grad Slam competition
- Ocean Sciences Meeting 2018 Changing Ocean Biogeochemistry in a High CO2 World: Observations across Time and Space
Abstract: Impacts of natural and anthropogenic oceanographic processes on deep sea corals: biogeochemistry of newly sampled coral ecosystems on the Northern California margin (319859)
Carina Fish, University of California Davis, Davis, CA, United States; Tessa M Hill, Bodega Marine Lab, Bodega Bay, CA, United States; ...
- UC Davis Coastal and Marine Sciences Institute Congratulations Carina on Grad Slam, her recent Nautilus cruise, and the Ford Fellowship!
- Sea Education Association Semester SSV Corwith Cramer Voyage Blog, August 26th, 2013
- The Island School The Cambridge Rindge and Latin School Connection: Carina Fish, Island School Fall 2007 alumna
"I still, in part, credit The Island School for my love of the outdoors, my impetus for choosing my two departments in college (Earth & Planetary Sciences and Environmental Sciences & Engineering), and my passion for the ocean."